[Mesa-dev] Gallium debugging help

James Simmons jsimmons at infradead.org
Tue Sep 17 17:08:47 PDT 2013

Hello.

	I'm the main developer from the Openchrome project and we have
reached the point were work is being started for the Gallium driver for
VIA hardware. To help develope a stable simple start I decided to go for
bare bones libgbm support using a gallium backend. So like any start my
simple libgbm app fails at the start. Well to figure it out I need to
debug my gallium driver. So I started to read up on how to debug gallium
and so I attempted to use the trace pipe driver. So the command I used
was

GALLIUM_TRACE=~/gallium.trace;./gbmtest

but no XML file was generated. What am I doing wrong? How do I properly
debug? Thanks for your help. Once I get this working I will push to
master.