[Mesa-dev] RFC: per-driver extension lists

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 1 06:05:44 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Benjamin Bellec <b.bellec at gmail.com> wrote:
> As Alex said, this is more like : R600/R700* support GL3.3.
>
> * except original R600 (Radeon HD 2900 series).
>
> I don't know if this can be easily added in your tool or it's even
> important to say here. But I think this information should be mentioned
> somewhere (on the RadeonFeature web page at least).
>
> And is your tool strictly from a Mesa perspective? I mean, for instance,
> GL3.3 is only supported for R600/R700 with kernel 3.14. Before, only
> GL3.1 is exposed. This information is - indirectly - noted on
> RadeonFeature web page though.

It's strictly from a "what would be useful to people" perspective. I
think that just having it say what it is for the latest released
support software is good enough, but if people want more combinations,
I can throw that in (e.g. instead of mesa version, have a 4d thing of
like mesa/llvm/kernel/libdrm versions and get glxinfo's for all hw and
every possible combination). Adding <sup>1</sup> is easy too; the R600
exception and the GL3.3 thing may be candidates for the latter. I
think the version combo thing is a bit insane, but if there's real
demand for it, it can be done.

  -ilia