[Mesa-dev] Mesa 10.2 release plan strawman

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:52:00 PDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> wrote:
> Fast forwarding 3 months from the 10.1 release (March 4th, planned for
> February 28th) is May 30th.  I'd like to propose the following set of dates:
>
> May 2nd: Feature freeze / 10.2 branch created.
>
> May 16th: RC1

Same comment as last time. It's not clear to me that we need a week
between the branch and RC1. We're not going to get users testing the
branch until there's an RC that distros can offer.

Also, for XWayland glamor-based acceleration, the X Server needs a
release of Mesa it can depend on. I'm Cc'ing Keith and Kristian who
can fill in more details.