[Mesa-dev] Clover clEnqueue* function don't implement blocking?

Dorrington, Albert albert.dorrington at lmco.com
Mon Apr 14 07:17:50 PDT 2014

>From reviewing api/transfer.cpp, it looks like all of the API calls that have a blocking parameter do not have anything that implement blocking functionality.

clEnqueueReadBuffer(), clEnqueueWriteBuffer(),
clEnqueueReadBufferRect(), clEnqueueWriteBufferRect(),
clEnqueueReadImage(), clEnqueueWriteImage()
clEnqueueMapBuffer(),
clEnqueueMapImage()

For all of these functions, shouldn't there be a conditional wait on the event implemented, something like the following?

  auto hev = create<hard_event>(...);
  ret_object(rd_ev, hev);
  if (blocking) { hev().wait(); }
  return CL_SUCCESS;

My initial tests indicate this works, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the event handling/cleanup.

Al Dorrington
Software Engineer Sr
Lockheed Martin, Mission Systems and Training