[Mesa-dev] New, web-based, live view of stable-branch queue

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Apr 22 13:58:16 PDT 2014

I'm now publishing a web page that categorizes the patches that have
been nominated for the stable branch. Check it out:

	http://cworth.org/~cworth/mesa-stable-queue/

	(I've also added a link to this page from the mesa-stable
	mailing list description page so that you can find this in the
	future.)

The contents of this page should be updated automatically each day based
on the state of my email. This is where I've always maintained the
stable-branch queue, but now anyone can actually inspect it.

I'm hoping that this extra transparency helps motivate me to not fall
behind the queue as badly as I did with 10.1.1. Additionally, this can
be a useful place for people to look for patches that could really use
some review (it's a nice, small list compared to the overwhelming load
in patchwork).

Finally, this page also has the advantage that it shows when I've
"accepted" a patch by merging it into my local stable branch, but before
I've actually pushed to the upstream stable branch. (There's a delay
between acceptance and push because I batch up several days of patches,
then do a round of testing before pushing).

I'd be happy to hear any feedback on the page.

As we get close to deadlines for stable releases, I'll likely send out a
pointer to this page again requesting review for any apparently
neglected patches in the "Nominated, awaiting review" state.

Thanks to everyone for all their hard work making mesa such a
high-quality library.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com