[Mesa-dev] [cfe-dev] 3 element vectors in opencl 1.1+

Jan Vesely jan.vesely at rutgers.edu
Wed Apr 23 08:40:27 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 17:50 -0700, Matt Arsenault wrote:
<snip>

> >> I think this is what v96:128 is for
> > according to [0], it specifies only alignment, not size. I could not
> > find an __attribute__ that would change size either.
> >
> > It should be possible to have ADMGPUDataLayout: public DataLayout class
> > that would intercept the call and fix the reported value, but I think it
> > would only move the hack to different place.
> >
> > I have added pocl-devel list as suggested.
> >
> > regards,
> > Jan
> >
> > [0]http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#data-layout
> >

> Only the size in memory matters, which is what the required alignment
> specifies. DataLayout::getTypeAllocSize accounts for the alignment, but
> getTypeStoreSize does not. I actually thought this was half of what
> getTypeStoreSize was for, but it turns out it isn't.

hm, I always thought that alignment only puts restrictions on starting
address and using padding was just a tool to do the job.

anyway, thanks for the hint, using getTypeAllocSize works nicely.
since we are allocating space in the argument vector I think
getAllocSize is the right function to use.

I'll post a patch.

regards,
Jan

--