[Mesa-dev] Minecraft crash in nouveau_dri.so

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 30 11:21:28 PDT 2014

Ilia, thank you for looking at it.

On 04/30/2014 12:47 PM, Ilia Mirkin wrote:
> The relevant code:
>
>    if (slab->free == 0) {
>       LIST_DEL(&slab->head);
>       LIST_ADD(&slab->head, &bucket->full);
>    }
>
> And the LIST_ADD is line 206 (on the 9.2 branch).
>
> Do you know if multiple GL threads are used?

I do not know, is there a good way to tell?

According to top java at least is using more than 100% CPU, but I think
there's a client server model even in single player.

I ran Minecraft on another computer with more RAM (12GiB) and a newer
graphics card (GeForce 9800 GTX+) that also uses the nouveau driver and
it worked fine.

I decreased the "Render Distance" in Minecraft and everything seemed
fine on the first computer (4GiB RAM).

The trouble might only occur in a low memory condition.