[Mesa-dev] i965: Broadwell using brw_eu_emit.c, part 1

Kenneth Graunke kenneth at whitecape.org
Sat Aug 9 14:28:40 PDT 2014

Hello,

This is a series of preparatory work for getting Broadwell to use the
brw_eu_emit.c code generator rather than gen8_generator.  The hope is
to drop the separate Gen8+ code completely.  We couldn't do this
originally because the old code was centered around a struct describing
the Gen4-7 assembly format, but now that we've shifted to the new
brw_inst API, there's no reason we can't share code.

This doesn't actually get us there - I've still got some bugs to track
down, but these patches have been in my tree for a long time and seem
pretty solid.

--Ken