[Mesa-dev] DRI3/Present fixes for Mesa 10.3+ (v2)

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Thu Dec 4 18:41:53 PST 2014

Mario Kleiner <mario.kleiner.de at gmail.com> writes:

> A slightly updated and extended series of the dri3/present fixes for Mesa i
> sent last week.
>
> Patch 1 and 2 are same as before. Patch 3 now has signed off by Frank Binns
> and reviewed by Chris Wilson. Patch 4 and 5 are additional fixes. The last
> one makes INTEL_swap_events behave properly again when swap completion events
> come in out of order due to skipped present requests. Before the first out
> of sequence sbc event caused the INTEL_swap_events extension to become completely
> unuseable for the rest of a session.

Sent out review for 3 of them (time for me to head out instead of
reviewing more code), and thanks for working on this.  2/5 it's not
clear to me from my first read of the spec that you shouldn't expect to
get the most recent values from either cause in your return.  5/5 my
first thoughts were "I hate wraparound logic, I'll review this later.
Also, should we even be saving off msc/ust for an out-of-order sbc
event?  Needs more thought."

I'll try to think more about these later, but I wouldn't block on me.