[Mesa-dev] Finishing make distcheck

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 18:57:54 PST 2014

I've finished fixing up make distcheck.

    git://people.freedesktop.org/~mattst88/mesa make-dist

I've seen some (sporadic?) failures of the glcpp/tests/glcpp-test. I
think it's because it's trying to write out files into the
distribution directory, which isn't allowed. I'll try to track that
down.

Other than that, I don't know of any problems. I've diffed the lists
of files in git vs the distribution tarball and it looks as expected.

It's 79 small (or mechanical, like alphabetizing) patches that aren't
interesting to read, so I'm not going to send them to the list. I do
hope Emil will have a little time to give it a once-over.

The only question I really have is what archive formats we want to
ship? As the branch is now, it generates tar.gz (11 MiB) and tar.xz
(6.5 MiB). I think bzip2 is pretty useless these days (larger than xz
and takes longer to decompress). Do we still want zip?

With distcheck working, we should probably start using release.sh from
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/modular to generate the
annouce emails and do the uploads like the X.Org projects do. I expect
I can make that modification unless someone else wants to.