[Mesa-dev] OpenCL Supported extensions for R600/SI ?

Dorrington, Albert albert.dorrington at lmco.com
Wed Feb 19 13:20:22 PST 2014

Currently clGetDeviceInfo() returns an empty string when queried for CL_DEVICE_EXTENSIONS.

Looking through both the Mesa and LLVM/Clang code I see references to the following extensions:
                cl_khr_fp16
cl_khr_fp64
cl_khr_int64_base_atomics
cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics
cl_khr_gl_sharing
cl_khr_gl_event
cl_khr_d3d10_sharing
cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics
cl_khr_global_in32_extended_atomics
cl_khr_local_in32_base_atomics
cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics
cl_khr_byte_addressable_store
cl_khr_3d_image_writes

So are any of these extensions supported within Mesa for the R600 or SI implementation?

I'm not finding the Khronos OpenCL spec to be completely clear on this, but it seems that extensions that are possible, even if not enabled, should be returned by clGetDeviceInfo()

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks!

Al Dorrington
Software Engineer Sr
Lockheed Martin, Mission Systems and Training