[Mesa-dev] Naming everything in src/gallium/drivers/radeonsi si_*

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 05:47:37 PST 2014

Hello,

many of the files in radeonsi originally came from other places where
they had different names and were never renamed.
Most of them now have names that don't tell what the files are for
(r600 is not actually the first hardware supported by them, they start
at radeonsi), and even those with radeonsi are split between
radeonsi_ and si_.
si_ is shorter than radeonsi_, but inconsistent with the directory and
library name. I still think it's the best option, but no strong opinion
from me. If and when the files are renamed, the next step would be
doing the same with the r600_ struct and function names.
Does that sound good? I'll send the patches shortly if so.

Cheers,
Andreas