[Mesa-dev] How to contribute a translation?

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Mon Jan 13 17:49:19 PST 2014

Alex Henrie <alexhenrie24 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to translate the DRI driver options
> (src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/xmlpool) to the Catalan language. What is
> the procedure for adding new translations? What tool should I use to
> generate ca.po, and how do I submit the file for review?

I don't know how the .po files get generated, and there hasn't been much
activity on them in a long time.  But if you figure out how to generate
them in the first place:

git add src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/xmlpool/my.po
git commit -m "driconf: Add Catalan translations"

   (or just git commit and add some information about how you generated
   them as well -- that way someone else may find translation easier in
   the future).

git format-patch HEAD~1

   (make sure your git commit shows your real name and email address)

git send-email --to mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org 0001-driconf-Add-Catalan-translations.patch