[Mesa-dev] Debugging into Mesa Driver

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Thu Jun 5 09:01:19 PDT 2014

On 06/04/2014 09:46 PM, roshan chaudhari wrote:
> Thanks for reply.
>
> I have added "CFLAGS='-Og -ggdb3' CXXFLAGS='-Og -ggdb3'" into configure
> file and ran
> "./configure --enable-debug" ; make; make install
>
> but still it did not step into driver.

Are you sure it's using the driver you built instead of the system
installed driver?

    LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxgears

will give some information about the driver being used (see below).  If
that doesn't match the driver installed, you'll need to use
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and possibly LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH to get the right one.

libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib64/dri/tls/i965_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib64/dri/i965_dri.so
libGL: Can't open configuration file /home/idr/.drirc: No such file or directory.