[Mesa-dev] Fix negation source modifer when used with logical instructions on Broadwell (v2)

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 11:28:18 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Abdiel Janulgue
<abdiel.janulgue at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> v2 of the fix.
>
> Abdiel Janulgue (6):
>       i965/fs: Refactor check for potential copy propagated instructions.
>       i965/fs: skip copy-propate for logical instructions with negated src entries
>       i965/fs: copy propagate 'NOT' instruction when used with logical operation
>       i965/vec4: skip copy-propate for logical instructions with negated src entries
>       i965/vec4: copy propagate 'NOT' instruction when used with logical operation
>       i965/disasm: Properly debug negate source modifier for logical instructions

I've pushed patches 1, 2, 4, and 6 after some clean ups and splitting
bits out of patches 2 and 4 and merging them into 3 and 5.

I'll reply to 3 and 5 with the updated patches that I've moved bits
into. They'll still need some thought about absolute value source
modifiers.

When negate just meant negate, -(abs) was well defined. I'm not sure
if ~(abs) means exactly what it says.