[Mesa-dev] Candidate branches for 10.2.2 and 10.1.6

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jun 23 16:48:16 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

I'm nearly done preparing the 10.1 and 10.2 branches for the next stable
releases, (which will also be the final release on the 10.1 branch).

The status of my 10.2 branch can be examined here:

	http://cworth.org/~cworth/mesa-stable-queue/

I'm pretty happy with what it looks like. There are about 41 new patches
on the 10.2 branch. (A few of these aren't shown in the above report
only because I couldn't find that they ever went by on the mesa-dev
mailing list).

Meanwhile, there's a fairly long list of "nominated, awaiting review"
patches. I would normally be fairly concerned about that, but the
majority are very recent, (last 5 days or so), so I expect that these
will get reviewed and committed to master soon, (and be ready for the
10.2.3 release in a couple of weeks).

But take a look at the report above, and if your favorite patches don't
appear queued up, do something about it!

As for 10.1, I don't have a fancy web report, but I've applied all
nominated patches except for three that didn't apply cleanly, and for
which I recently emailed authors/reviewers asking for backports. Here
are those three patches:

3164bfc73418e2e046c7 nv50/ir: clear subop when folding constant
                     expressions

6980cae6aeb6671b6b02 android, egl: typo dri2_fallback_pixmap_surface ->
                     dri2_fallback_create_pixmap_surface

6cd30f5d730c3c23251a radeon/uvd: disable VC-1 simple/main on UVD 2.x

I've pushed out most all of the queued patches to the upstream 10.1 and
10.2 branches so that anyone can test them. Feedback is always
appreciated.

I plan to release both of these branches tomorrow.

Thanks all, for your patience with your stable-release manager.

-Carl

carl.d.worth at intel.com