[Mesa-dev] Z24S8 textures on nv04/nv10

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Wed Mar 12 17:04:35 PDT 2014

Hi Francisco,

I'm looking at some piglit failures on nv10... full run at

http://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/nv10-comparison/problems.html

The specific one is:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/nv10-comparison/nv18-imirkin/spec/!OpenGL%201.1/copyteximage%201D.html

Which fails in nouveau_choose_tex_format for GL_DEPTH24_STENCIL8. And
indeed, that case isn't handled. Looking through the #defines, I see a
NV20_3D_TEX_FORMAT_FORMAT_Z24 but not for the earlier versions. And
even in the nv20 case, it's not actually used in the driver.

Does that mean that EXT_packed_depth_stencil should never have been
enabled on nouveau? I do see that it's a valid renderbuffer format
though. [It is now always enabled, since commit a92b9e60, but at the
time of the commit, it was also enabled for everything.

Any advice?

Thanks,

  -ilia