[Mesa-dev] OpenCL Image Support

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Wed Mar 19 09:02:32 PDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 11:30:54AM -0400, Aditya Avinash wrote:
> Hi Tom,
> Do I need to have an AMD GPU for compute images to R600?
> Thank you!

Yes, you will need an evergreen or new AMD GPU (see the decoder ring
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/RadeonFeature/#index5h2 for specific
model numbers).

Don't worry if you don't have a supported AMD GPU.  If your proposal is
accepted there will be plenty of time for you to get one and many of the
older Evergreen GPUs can be obtained very inexpensively.

-Tom