[Mesa-dev] RFC: Fixing XBMC crash with NV_vdpau_interop

Christian König deathsimple at vodafone.de
Sat Mar 22 13:49:36 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

recently some XBMC users complained about crashes with the relatively
new NV_vdpau_interop support.

That turned out to be a problem with how st_atom_texture.c caches the
sampler view for a texture. Since the texture in question is shared
between two GLX contexts the pipe object the sampler view was originally
created for doesn't necessary match the pipe object it is used with.

Now my question is am I missing something or is this case really not
correctly supported? Where is the check if a texture is used in more
than one context? The attached patch fixes the issue, but I'm not sure
if it is the right approach.

Please comment,
Christian.