[Mesa-dev] Questions regarding KHR_debug for OpenGL ES

Timothy Arceri t_arceri at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 23 14:11:13 PDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-17 at 11:42 -0700, Felipe Tonello wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on the KHR_debug for OpenGL ES junior job. I recently
> submitted patches to allow the piglit tests to be enabled in GLES
> contexts as well.
> Now I want to work on the src/mapi/glapi/gen/es_EXT.xml file. Recently
> I saw a patch that moved the KHR_debug extension to a include type of
> file.
>
> My question is: How can I reuse this file but change the functions
> definitions to add the KHR suffix?

Hi Felipe,

You need to use the alias attribute. Take a look at ARB_debug_output.xml
basically you will need to do the same thing in the es_EXT.xml file but
using the KHR suffix rather than ARB. I don't think there is anyway to
avoid the obvious duplications here (someone please correct me if I'm
wrong).

Tim