[Mesa-dev] Guidance in dwelling in the world of GPU driver development.

Leander Bessa Beernaert leanderbb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 08:17:37 PDT 2014

Hey,

I'm interested in dwelling deeper in the world of GPU driver development
 in my spare time. Since I'm a fan of OpenSource, Mesa3D sounded like a
good place to start :).

I have some experience using OpenGL from a programmers perspective, but
would like to know more about the gritty details hiding behind an
implementation.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance as to where to start
(aside from the content posted on the main page)?

I am currently using a Macbook Pro (nvidia 9400m and nvidia 9600m GT) with
Ubuntu 13.10 alongside OS X. Is this machine enough to start poking around
any of the current projects or should I wait and get a more recent OpenGL
4.3 capable machine?

Thanks,

Leander