[Mesa-dev] gallium: conditional rendering and glBlitFramebuffer

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sat May 3 01:42:37 PDT 2014

Hello,

I've noticed that nv50 fails the latest version of the conditional
rendering tests with glBlitFramebuffer. After looking at the changes
to the test, I just adjusted the nouveau blit code to not turn off the
current query. That fixed the failing test, but then the
copyteximage/etc tests started failing. This is probably because
pipe->blit is used for more than just the literal glBlitFramebuffer
(like glCopyTexImage).

I briefly tested with llvmpipe which exhibits the same failure as nv50
originally did, I'm guessing this is a general problem with gallium
rather than being nv50- (or nouveau-) specific.

So... what's the right way of dealing with this? Adding a bit to
pipe_blit_info that indicates whether to leave the current query
enabled? Or perhaps pipe_query reference? Something else?

Thanks,

  -ilia

P.S. The failing test is

bin/nv_conditional_render-blitframebuffer -auto -fbo

And the tests that start failing after changing the logic to not
disable the query:

bin/nv_conditional_render-copyteximage -auto
bin/nv_conditional_render-copytexsubimage -auto
bin/nv_conditional_render-generatemipmap -auto