[Mesa-dev] Move mesa version scheme to a more common style ?

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 06:39:24 PST 2014

Hello all,

This is an old question that I had laying around - why doesn't mesa use
a more conventional numbering for the development/rc releases ?

Eg.
mesa 10.4.0-rc1 -> 10.3.99.901
mesa 10.4.0-rc2 -> 10.3.99.902
mesa 10.4.0     -> 10.4.0
mesa 10.4.1-rc1 -> 10.4.0.901
... you get the idea.

Afaics most freedesktop project use it plus a big hunk of gnome.

Are there any objections if I move to the above format starting with
mesa 10.4-rc1 ? I would appreciate any feedback over the next 2-3 days,
and based on it I'll tag the first RC.

The plan is to still keep the branch point later on today, but to push
the tag on Monday.

Thanks
Emil