[Mesa-dev] [10.4] git describe points to 10.2-branchpoint-3617-ga4ffc2a

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 07:30:41 PST 2014

Hi Sedat,

On 15/11/14 12:50, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> Cosmetics? Intended?
>
> $ LC_ALL=C git status
> # On branch master
> # Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
> #
> nothing to commit, working directory clean
>
> $ LC_ALL=C git checkout -b 10.4 origin/10.4
> Branch 10.4 set up to track remote branch 10.4 from origin.
> Switched to a new branch '10.4'
>
> $ LC_ALL=C git describe
> 10.2-branchpoint-3617-ga4ffc2a

It seems that git describe does not like/honour tags that have not been
signed. With the 10.3 and 10.4 branchpoint being such, this leads to the
case you've pointed out.

IMHO it would be better to avoid removing/force pushing a signed tag,
yet I would not object if the majority of devs wishes to go that route.

Cheers,
Emil