[Mesa-dev] Move mesa version scheme to a more common style ?

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 07:54:25 PST 2014

On 15/11/14 17:50, Marek Olšák wrote:
> I've always found the X.Org versioning scheme unintuitive. This is
> actually for the first time after ~5 years of contributing to open
> source graphics that I finally understand how the X versioning works.
> Granted, I had never been interested in it anyway.

I take we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Must admit that it took
me ~5 seconds to get the idea, even without having a comprehensive list,
or reading the web page.

> If you need to have a web page on x.org that explains it, that alone
> is an indication that it's too complicated.

Just because something is documented it does not mean that it's too
complicated for the technically educated mind. One can see plenty of
examples on the net - "How to rename a file in WindowsXP" :)

-Emil