[Mesa-dev] Removing unused opcodes (TGSI, Mesa IR)

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Wed Nov 19 23:12:25 PST 2014

> Does anyone remember if there was a reason that the TGSI_OPCODE_ tokens are #defines instead of an enumeration?

I think it was because enums are not allowed in struct bit fields, furthermore C++ will complain about enum<->int conversion without cast.  (IIRC this is the reason many things in src/gallium/include/pipe/p_defines.h were defines.)

That said, I think we should revisit this. At for TGSI opcodes, relatively few lines of code access packed tgsi tokens directly. And enums look nicer when debugging.

Jose