[Mesa-dev] Mesa 10.3 release plan

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:13:38 PDT 2014

On 12/09/14 10:10, Emil Velikov wrote:
> On 11/09/14 23:21, Ian Romanick wrote:
>> On 09/10/2014 05:45 AM, Emil Velikov wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> The original plan from Ian was to have four release candidates prior to the
>>> final release. From what I can see there has been no serious amount of patches
>>> nominated for 10.3-rc4, so I'm planning to keep with the plan and release 10.3
>>> this Friday.
>>>
>>> If you know of any serious issues that must land or any other reason why we
>>> should delay 10.3 please let me know ASAP.
>>
>> I hope this is soon enough. :(
>>
>> Ken and I have a few bug fixes that we'd like to have land in the
>> release.  I think they're all out on the list for review, but Ken might
>> have one more.  Once they land on master, I'll send you a pull-request.
>>
>> Could we do one more RC tomorrow and the final release next week?  We
>> probably don't need to wait until Friday, but I don't have a strong opinion.
>>
> Hi Ian,
>
> What a nice timing this is.
>
> Just found out that I'll have to be moving to another house bit earlier than
> expected, and here comes a request to delay the release by a couple of days.
>
> Sounds like a plan to me :)

So after some "interesting" few days, I've went through the 10.3 queue.

We have 35 newly queued patches, and when running piglit 3457f015314 against
mesa 10.2.7 shows

* swrast-classic
19 regressions
3 fixes
28 new tests, 28 pass

* swrast-gallium (llvmpipe)
2 regressions
37 fixes
97 new tests, 91 pass, 6 fail

I will give it a spin on my Sandybridge tomorrow, and barring any serious
issues mesa 10.3 will be out this Friday alongside 10.2.8 :)

Thanks
Emil

> -Emil
>
>>> Thanks