[Mesa-dev] Porting OpenGL App on DirectFB

prasmkul prasmkul at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 10:21:23 PDT 2015

My C++ application was using OpenGLES 2.0 and I have a requirement to port
that app onto a MIPS(Linux) platform which support DirectFB. I have learned
from this forum that MESA-3D can be used as a bridge between my OpenGL
app and  DirectFB. I have cross-compiled latest MESA for mips and statically
compiled MESA’s ‘LibGLESv2’ and ‘LibEGL’ libraries with my app to resolve
all OpenGL link issues. Now I have a standalone executable that should run
on the new device. But the app crashed as soon as it started, it didn’t even
get into the app main(). I assume that I missed some MESA-DirectFB
interface that I need to use to make my app talking to DirectFB. I hope that
somebody might have gone through this situation before and should be able
to shed some light.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.