[Mesa-dev] Mesa 11.0.0 release plan

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 17:24:40 PDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/07/15 19:20, Emil Velikov wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Below is the preliminary release schedule for Mesa 11.0.0
>>
>> August 21st 2015 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
>> August 28th 2015 - Release candidate 2
>> September 04th 2015 - Release candidate 3
>> September 11th 2015 - Release candidate 4/Mesa 11.0.0
>>
> Considering the quiet acknowledgement, the above schedule will be taking
> place.
>
> Reminder: do push all your feature changes before the end of 21st August
> if you'd want them in for the next release.

btw, at what point is it too late to bump libdrm version dependency?
I think I've tracked down root cause for stk hang issue, but fixing it
will require an dependency on new libdrm.. need to do a bit more
testing, but I'm 99% sure at this point..

also, is there a recommended way to do something like '#if LIBDRM_XYZ
>= abc' in the code?  If so I could make the mesa fix something that
is back-portable to older release branches and enabled conditionally
iff new enough libdrm_freedreno.  Not sure if there is a recommended
way to handle that sort of scenario?

BR,
-R