[Mesa-dev] Fix saturation when coalescing registers in NIR-vec4

Antía Puentes apuentes at igalia.com
Mon Aug 24 05:32:58 PDT 2015

Hi!

On vie, 2015-08-14 at 13:56 +0200, Antia Puentes wrote:
> With this fix, we can load the constants in NIR-vec4 as integers,
> as it is done in the FS backend.
>
> This is related to:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2015-July/089899.html

I've been on holidays last week, as far I can read in:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2015-August/092382.html
Matt Turner is working on a new version of the vec4 register coalescing.

This makes me wonder if it makes sense to consider now the patches I am
sending, because first, the code is going to change soon, and second, it
could be that Matt is already tackling the saturation errors in the new
register coalesce version.