[Mesa-dev] No VAAPI driver hardlinks?

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 05:32:55 PDT 2015

On 30 August 2015 at 00:21, Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Emil,
>
> src/gallium/targets/vdpau has a block that installs per-driver
> hardlinks, but src/gallium/targets/va does not (presumably because it
> was added later), which leads to:
>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/549564
>
> Presumably it's mostly a matter of copy-n-paste?

I believe I opted against the hardlinks as only r600 was supported
initially, not 100% sure. Considering that radeonsi works (plus
possible nouveau support on the horizon) I don't have any objections
if we add the hunk for the vaapi targets. Will send a patch in a bit.

> Also, it appears that there's a minor problem with that block as well:
>
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/545230

Quite odd that one will enable vdpau if they don't build any of
r300/r600/radeonsi/nouveau. Either way a fix will be coming shortly,
covering all the targets.

-Emil