[Mesa-dev] Split version of 07/13 glsl: add double support

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 11:26:02 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 3:05 AM, Topi Pohjolainen
<topi.pohjolainen at intel.com> wrote:
> I wanted to try if this could be split into smaller chunks to aid
> review. Only compile tested (each step compiles).

Thanks a bunch for splitting these. It indeed makes it a ton easier to
review. I glanced at 07/13 and my eyes glazed over.

> Dave Airlie (17):
>   glsl: Add double builtin type (was: add double support)
>   glsl: Add double builtin type generation (was: add double support)
>   glsl: Uniform linking support for doubles (was: add double support)
>   glsl/ir: Add builtin function support for doubles (was: add double
>     support)
>   glsl/ir: Add printing support for doubles (was: add double support)
>   glsl/ir: Add cloning support for doubles (was: add double support)
>   glsl/ir: Add builtin constant function support for doubles
>   glsl/ir: Add builder support for functions with double floats
>   glsl: Add support doubles in optimization passes (was: add double
>     support)
>   glsl: Add ubo lowering support for doubles (was: add double support)
>   glsl/ast: Support double floats (was: add double support)
>   glsl/parser: Support double floats (was: add double support)
>   glsl/lexer: Support double floats (was: add double support)
>   glsl: Support double inouts (was: add double support)
>   glsl: Support double loop control (was: add double support)
>   glsl: Linking support for doubles (was: add double support)

Please remove the (was: add double support) from the commit summaries
(some of the patches have it not in the subject but in the message
body).

>   glsl: add double support

This doesn't seem to have reached my inbox, but I do see it in the archives.

The commit message is wrong. It contains a bunch of stuff about the
whole 07/13 patch, while the patch itself just adds ir_unop_d2f and
ir_unop_f2d to a switch statement.

For as much complaining about not getting review on this series as
I've seen on IRC, I'm kind of disappointed that none of the people who
have been working on fp64 but aren't authors of these patches put
their reviews on them. There were lots of things that I pointed out
that anyone reviewing the patches would have seen.