[Mesa-dev] Removing the --allow-multiple-definition hack

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 04:50:26 PST 2015

On 11 February 2015 at 07:58, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia
<jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
> Is there any indication on when is this "temporary" hack going to be removed?  This kind of linking is not legal in many toolchains (eg on darwin), and I imagine behavior is not well defined in places where this hack actually works.

Quick fix would be to separate the xmlconfig.c into a separate static
library. Although that also seems like a hacky solution imho.
A more comprehensive one would be to abstract the xmlconfig/driconf
into a separate library and let the relevant libraries link against
it. I've been sketching some ideas about the latter but haven't got
around to actually working on it.

Wrt the how/if it actually works - imho we ought to be safe regardless
which symbols get picked. About the temporary - I guess we could go
with the quick fix for now. Note that will likely involve a bit of a
headache getting all the dependencies in the correct order.

Will try to get it working this week but no guarantees.

-Emil