[Mesa-dev] [Mesa-announce] Mesa 10.3 release candidate 1

Lucas Stach l.stach at pengutronix.de
Thu Feb 19 05:53:11 PST 2015

Am Freitag, den 07.11.2014, 01:19 -0800 schrieb Matt Turner:
> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Thierry Vignaud
> <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > (...)

> >> Unfortunately Thierry's was from a re-run of make, so it wasn't useful.
> >
> > No It wasn't a re-run!
> > It was a clean build in our build system with make -jXX with XX auto set to
> > the number of cores and is always reproducable given enough cores
>
> Oh, weird.
>
> >> I've gone over this all and can't spot the problem. The dependencies
> >> look fine. I tried automake-1.13 and 1.14, and make-3.82 and 4.0.
> >> Maybe I'll have more luck on a 40 core system.
> >
> > As already explained, in order to be able to reproduce, you must either have
> > a large system or force make -j to a high value (eg: -j24)
>
> Did you see the rest of the thread where I said I couldn't reproduce
> on a 40 core system?
>
> Perhaps someone who can reproduce could try to take a look?

Ok, here is what happens:

This failure is only reproducible with the following config options:
--disable-shared-glapi
--disable-gles1
--disable-gles2

Which makes it pretty obvious what is to be blamed here. With those
options set no installable libraries will be build below src/mapi, the
only target is a static glapi.la. As lib_LTLIBRARIES is empty in that
case the install-mesa-links target has no dependencies and gets executed
immediately. This fails as it races with the compilation to create
the .libs dir.

As the install-mesa-links target works perfectly fine with an empty
lib_LTLIBRARIES the fix is simply to not depends on the .libs directory
for the state file of this target. A patch is on the list.

Regards,
Lucas

--
Pengutronix e.K.             | Lucas Stach                 |
Industrial Linux Solutions   | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |