[Mesa-dev] Submitting more shaders to shader-db?

Aras Pranckevicius aras at unity3d.com
Sun Jan 4 13:05:38 PST 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 10:20 AM, Kenneth Graunke <kenneth at whitecape.org>
wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2015 09:36:40 Aras Pranckevicius wrote:
> > Is it possible to submit more shaders into whatever shader-db is
typically
> > used by Mesa developers to test compiler optimizations on? I could
package
> > up some built-in shaders from Unity 4 / Unity 5 (which end up being
used in
> > a many, many Unity games), in the format expected by shader-db, and
under
> > whatever license is needed.
> > Would that be useful, and if so, what are the steps to get there?
>
> Absolutely!  We'd love to expand it.
> You can just run a program that compiles the shaders with MESA_GLSL=dump
and
> email me the output.  (MESA_GLSL=dump ./yourapp &> log_to_be_emailed)

Since I don't even have a Linux box nearby, it would be way easier for me
to change Unity source code to dump the shaders into the right format
directly, and do it from a Mac (Linux Unity game builds use exactly the
same shaders anyway).

> If you'd like them included in the public repository, I'll also need a
license
> header saying that the shaders are freely redistributable.

MIT or BSD would be fine with me; are they ok for public shader-db?

--
Aras Pranckevičius
work: http://unity3d.com