[Mesa-dev] Mesa 11.0.0 release plan

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 11:43:21 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Below is the preliminary release schedule for Mesa 11.0.0
>
> August 21st 2015 - Feature freeze/Release candidate 1
> August 28th 2015 - Release candidate 2
> September 04th 2015 - Release candidate 3
> September 11th 2015 - Release candidate 4/Mesa 11.0.0
>
> We have roughly three weeks for new features and I would prefer if we with it.
>
> Although if you do have some compelling work let me know and we'll
> think of something.

just fwiw, now with TF landed we are advertising gles3[*] on a3xx..
and if I have time to do MRT and z32_s8 support for a4xx we could have
gles3 there too..  I guess not as important as getting gl4 out to the
desktop users, but would be a nice thing to go along w/ mesa 11 ;-)

[*] partially because compute_version_es2 incorrectly doesn't check
msaa.. but I was thinking of perhaps just enabling
PIPE_CAP_FAKE_SW_MSAA for now, since really to use MSAA on a tiler we
want some mesa st support for doing MSAA resolve in tile->memory along
with extension to control that (EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture?)
and driconf option to force-enable it for games not aware of the
extension, but which don't need the super-sampled intermediate
results).. and really, who cares about MSAA on a 5" 4k display ;-)