[Mesa-dev] RFC: Prune stale components

Jose Fonseca jfonseca at vmware.com
Tue Mar 3 01:36:57 PST 2015

On 28/02/15 00:24, Rob Clark wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:05 PM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> - src/gallium/drivers/rbug: -- do people use it? does it work?  it
>>> predates apitrace GL + GUI, which sort of enables a lot of the same
>>> things, but without the issue of having to hit moving target, which is
>>> what gallium interfaces are

So it looks from the replies that rbug and rbug-gui is still useful.

>> If we're going to keep this should we move the rbug-gui tool within the
>> mesa tree ? It would be nice to spare some of the "sigh... it does not
>> build" and let you guys just use it.
>

> +1

It sounds a good idea FWIW.  I believe that rbug-gui depends on the
gallium interface, and we don't maintain backwards compatibility, so
moving it rbug-gui into somewhere like src/gallium/tools/ and have it
built by default should enable to keep it in sync more easily.

That said, integrating rbug-gui into Mesa tree is beyond my immediate
goals/needs.  So I'll let those who do use rbug + rbug-gui to take that
task on.

Jose