[Mesa-dev] Summer of Code ideas (maybe just an idea wishlist?)

Aaron Watry awatry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:02:51 PDT 2015

On a related note,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Jason Ekstrand <jason at jlekstrand.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Bruno Jimenez <brunojimen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-03-18 at 16:37 -0700, Jason Ekstrand wrote:

> expensive

> >> Yeah, grabbing a handful of optimizations and porting them seems like
> >> a good GSoC project to me.  There's also the NIR checklist which
> >> people could grab stuff off of.
> >
> > Out of curiosity, I know that NIR can be used with the intel drivers
> > but, is there a way to test it with gallium?
>
> i965 is where it's actively tested and known to be working.  However,
> Eric Anholt has a NIR -> TGSI pass so it could be hacked up to work
> with gallium.

On a related note,

Has anyone ported shader-db over to working on R600/RadeonSI/<anything
non-intel>?  I've been meaning to take a look at the NIR->TGSI pass and see
if there's an easy way to hook it up to the radeon drivers, but I wanted to
be able to get shader-db up and running on that hardware first so that we
could get some before/after numbers (I'm assuming that R600 w/o SB will be
the main radeon driver that benefits, but I'd love to be proven wrong).

--Aaron