[Mesa-dev] Drop Haiku swrast code?

Alexander von Gluck IV kallisti5 at unixzen.com
Sat May 16 06:52:05 PDT 2015

Good morning,

I'm pondering dropping the Haiku software rasterization code.

(src/mesa/drivers/haiku/swrast/)

The Haiku extern "C" gallium changes are complete and llvmpipe
is once again compiling + working.

The Mesa based swrast code however doesn't have a C state_tracker
to hide C++ code behind. This means I'll need to cover the Mesa driver
interfaces in extern "C"'s to get it up to snuff.

#	modified:   src/mesa/main/extensions.h
#	modified:   src/mesa/swrast/s_context.h
#       etc.

llvmpipe is working well enough, and any future Haiku hardware driver
work will be on the gallium side of the house. I don't see the point of
keeping two software renderers around adding to the upkeep when at the
moment i'm the primary (and only) Haiku developer working on Mesa.

A little history: we use swrast on our Mesa 7.12 fork for gcc2. I ported
the Mesa 7.12 code over to Mesa 9.x a few years ago before the Haiku
llvmpipe work was complete.

Thoughts?

  -- Alex