[Mesa-dev] enable pbuffer for drm platform

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Sat May 30 04:57:08 PDT 2015

Hi Ying,

On 29 May 2015 at 23:17, Liu, Ying2 <ying2.liu at intel.com> wrote:
> When we tried to enable EGL on our project, we found that there was no
> pbuffer support for drm platform. I got some help from Alan and Kristian.
> Thank you so much! I studied platform_drm.c and compared it to other
> platforms’ code. Finally I was able to create this patch to enable pbuffer
> for drm platform. Our QA team has run full cycle testing and didn’t find any
> regression.
Unfortunately not many people are aware of the testing done by your
QA. Most of the upstream development work is tested against piglit and
the Khronos Conformance suite (if the devs have access). So if
possible mention the test suites used.

>  I wonder if anybody could review this patch to see if we could
> submit it to mesa.
>

> Thanks
>

> Ying
>

> --- mesa-10.5.5.orig/src/egl/drivers/dri2/egl_dri2.c              2015-05-11
> 12:10:59.000000000 -0700
>
> +++ mesa-10.5.5/src/egl/drivers/dri2/egl_dri2.c   2015-05-26
> 04:06:16.353346946 -0700

On top of what Matt suggested, please base your work off the mesa
master branch. I believe we had some work in the area done recently
which might clash with this.

Thanks
Emil