[Mesa-dev] [RFCv2 06/13] mesa/st: add support for NIR as possible driver IR

Marek Olšák maraeo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 10:59:13 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I'll end up moving st_glsl_to_nir (plus the fxns only called
> from it) into a new file.  But I think get_mesa_program_nir() and
> get_mesa_program_tgsi() could end up sharing more common code like I
> am doing w/ st_translate_xyz_program().. at least that is my current
> thinking..

In the hopefully-not-too-distant future, st_translate_xyz_program()
won't be called for GLSL programs. I'd like to move all that into
LinkShader and stop calling ProgramStringNotify in it. After that,
ProgramStringNotify will only translate assembly programs and will be
a no-op if a GLSL program is passed into it.

Marek