[Mesa-dev] Introducing OpenSWR: High performance software rasterizer

Rowley, Timothy O timothy.o.rowley at intel.com
Tue Nov 10 11:36:40 PST 2015

> On Oct 22, 2015, at 4:17 PM, Jose Fonseca <jfonseca at vmware.com> wrote:
>
> They do share a lot already, Mesa, gallium statetracker, and gallivm. If further development in openswr is planned, it might require to jump through a few hoops, but I think it's worth to figure out what would take to get this merged into master so that, whenever there are interface changes, openswer won't get the short stick.

Yes, openswr and llvmpipe share a fair bit.  It is my hope that as we start working more on openswr performance, some of the effort will benefit both drivers.

We’re willing to jump through the hoops needed to merge into master.  To that end, I’ve pushed some updates that amongst other things allow us to support both llvm 3.6 and 3.7 (and possibly llvm-svn).  Are there any other hoops that spring to mind?

-Tim