[Mesa-dev] No VAAPI driver hardlinks?

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 05:50:49 PDT 2015

On 31 August 2015 at 13:32, Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 August 2015 at 00:21, Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Emil,
>>
>> src/gallium/targets/vdpau has a block that installs per-driver
>> hardlinks, but src/gallium/targets/va does not (presumably because it
>> was added later), which leads to:
>>
>> https://bugs.gentoo.org/549564
>>
>> Presumably it's mostly a matter of copy-n-paste?
>>
> I believe I opted against the hardlinks as only r600 was supported
> initially, not 100% sure. Considering that radeonsi works (plus
> possible nouveau support on the horizon) I don't have any objections
> if we add the hunk for the vaapi targets. Will send a patch in a bit.
>
>> Also, it appears that there's a minor problem with that block as well:
>>
>> https://bugs.gentoo.org/545230
>>
> Quite odd that one will enable vdpau if they don't build any of
> r300/r600/radeonsi/nouveau. Either way a fix will be coming shortly,
> covering all the targets.

Grr... this is being more annoying than expected.

The core issue is that as soon as we end up in the makefile, the
directory is created by automake. The latter does not keep track if it
existed before we started or not.
Namely I have a patch that will remove the directory if empty,
although we shouldn't do that if it was there in the first place.

Does that sound like a reasonable thing to do, or should we consider
this a "feature" :-)

Thanks
Emil