[Mesa-dev] Indirect fixes for Samplers v3

Mark Janes mark.a.janes at intel.com
Tue Sep 8 15:25:51 PDT 2015

I tested this series, and found some issues:

The following tests assert on g33:
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fwidth
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-sampler-numbering
    piglit.shaders.glsl-lod-bias
    piglit.shaders.glsl-kwin-blur-1
    piglit.shaders.glsl-bug-22603
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-texturecube
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-texture2drect
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-texture2drect-proj3
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-texturecube-2
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-sampler-numbering-2
    piglit.spec.!opengl 2_0.depth-tex-modes-glsl
    piglit.shaders.glsl-derivs
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-bug25902
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-texturecube-bias
    piglit.spec.!opengl 2_0.fragment-and-vertex-texturing
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-texture2drect-proj4
    piglit.spec.!opengl 2_0.max-samplers border
    piglit.shaders.glsl-vs-texturematrix-2
    piglit.spec.!opengl 2_0.max-samplers
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-texturecube-2-bias
    piglit.shaders.glsl-fs-sampler-numbering-3
    piglit.shaders.glsl-vs-texturematrix-1

    src/mesa/program/sampler.cpp:108: int
    _mesa_get_sampler_uniform_value(ir_dereference*, gl_shader_program*,
    const gl_program*): Assertion `0 && "cannot return a sampler"'
    failed.

Deqp tests asserting:
    functional.uniform_api.random.3
    functional.uniform_api.random.23
    functional.uniform_api.random.79

    src/glsl/nir/nir_lower_samplers.cpp:146: void
    lower_sampler(nir_tex_instr*, const gl_shader_program*,
    gl_shader_stage, nir_builder*): Assertion `!"cannot return a
    sampler"' failed.

Deqp tests failing:
    functional.uniform_api.value.assigned.by_pointer.render.nested_structs_arrays.sampler2d_samplercube_both
    functional.uniform_api.value.assigned.by_pointer.render.nested_structs_arrays.sampler2d_samplercube_fragment
    functional.uniform_api.value.assigned.by_pointer.render.nested_structs_arrays.sampler2d_samplercube_vertex
    functional.uniform_api.value.assigned.by_value.render.nested_structs_arrays.sampler2d_samplercube_both
    functional.uniform_api.value.assigned.by_value.render.nested_structs_arrays.sampler2d_samplercube_fragment
    functional.uniform_api.value.assigned.by_value.render.nested_structs_arrays.sampler2d_samplercube_vertex