[Mesa-dev] i965: Move resolve from state-update notification to draw

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 06:38:54 PDT 2015

Since _mesa_update_state() may be called several times per draw call,
we wish to be judicious about the amount of work we place inside the
intel_update_state() callback. By moving the current HiZ/color resolves
we need before drawing from out of the notify and into the draw itself,
we can save a few percent of overhead in OglBatch7 on Atom class
devices. The catch is that putting the resolve inside the draw call
itself causes recursion so we need a new vbo entry point so that we do
the resolves prior to sealing the vbo context.

No i965 piglits were harmed.
-Chris