[Mesa-dev] radeonsi bug in fmask calculation?

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 18 15:47:14 PDT 2015

Hi Marek,

You weren't on IRC, and I'll forget if I don't write this down now.
Take a look at the code at:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/src/gallium/drivers/radeonsi/si_shader.c#n2352

fmask_ptr = LLVMGetParam(si_shader_ctx->radeon_bld.main_fn, SI_PARAM_RESOURCE);
fmask_ptr = build_indexed_load_const(si_shader_ctx, res_ptr, ind_index);

It seems odd that the second fmask_ptr ignores the setting of the
first. Is the first one not needed, or should fmask_ptr be used
instead of res_ptr, or is there something more subtle going on?

Cheers,

  -ilia

P.S. To remind you, I have no knowledge of what any of these things
actually mean. Just looking to refactor a bit to facilitate TXQS
implementation, and happened to notice this bit of oddness.