[Mesa-dev] i965/vec4 (nir): Plan to implement cmod_propagation on vec4

Alejandro Piñeiro apinheiro at igalia.com
Mon Sep 28 02:09:06 PDT 2015

Hi,

TL;DR:

as there are several people working on improving the shader quality at
vec4 using NIR, to avoid overlapping, Im explicitly announcing that this
week I will work on implement an equivalent to fs_cmod_propagation but
for the vec4 case.

More details:

While checking shader-db HURT regressions, shaders like these:
unity/15.shader_test
warzone2100/1.shader_test
humus-celshading/4.shader_test

are emitting extra movs when conditions are involved. Writing the
equivalent fs shader, I found those are optimized by
opt_cmod_propagation. I vaguely remembered that Jason mentioned it some
months ago, and I found this email [1], where he suggest to implement
that pass. So just in case someone else was already doing that, Im
sending this email.

BR

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2015-August/090624.html

--