[Mesa-dev] [PATCH 1/5] include/GL: add mesa_glinterop.h for OpenGL-OpenCL interop (v3)
emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:13:59 UTC 2016
On 16 March 2016 at 10:40, Marek Olšák <maraeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> "offset_after" isn't nasty. :) Yeah, I was inspired by other APIs I
> had seen. The sizes make even more sense when they are function
> parameters, because the caller can just do:
> (sizeof(in), &in, sizeof(out), &out)
A nice list of arguments:
- If the majority of people like offset_after, the question "Why
barely any projects use it (from a quick search) ?" comes to mind.
- I wasn't the only one advocating for versioned interfaces ;-)
- They will just work in an identical way and the code will be less.
- Regardless of how ugly/nasty/etc, mesa uses versioned interfaces
throughout. "Consistency is the key" a wise man have said once.
- The interfaces using explicit size argument, that I'm aware of, are
not designed with extensibility in mind.
If the above are not enough(independently or together) so make you
reconsider, so be it. I won't bother you any more on the topic.
More information about the mesa-dev