[Mesa-dev] Updating mesa3d.org docs?

Rhys Kidd rhyskidd at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 19:09:15 UTC 2016

On Thursday, October 15, 2015, Brian Paul <brianp at vmware.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/2015 01:18 PM, Sarah Sharp wrote:
>
>> Hi Brian!
>>

> Hi Sarah,
>

> I'm a new Mesa developer in Intel's OTC graphics team (although not new
>> to open source, I've been a Linux kernel developer for the last seven
>> years).
>>
>> I heard that you're responsible for updating mesa3d.org documentation
>> against the docs in the Mesa source code repo. I noticed the docs are
>> out-of-date WRT the repo, and I had a couple questions:
>>
>> 1. What's the process for pushing updated documentation to the site?
>>

> All the website pages are found in the git docs/ directory.  Changes are
> submitted as patches and reviewed like code on the mesa-dev list.
>

> 2. How often are updated docs pushed? Once every week, month, or when
>>     there's a new Mesa version?
>>

> I push them whenever a new Mesa version is released, but I can do it at
> any time on request.

Hello Brian,

Now that Mesa 11.2 has been released, could you please push the docs to
mesa3d.org?

A number of relevant changes, however my selfish interest is to see the vc4
debug settings in envvars.html make the website. The number of vc4 users
and developers running on the Mesa stack are increasing.

Thanks in advance,
Rhys

3. Any chance I could get permissions to push updated docs?  I'll be