[Mesa-dev] [rfc] llvmpipe dynamic sampler support.

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 02:49:15 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

Another in the line of things I thought would take a few hours, but
took a few more hours again.

This adds dynamic indexing of samplers to llvmpipe as required
for ARB_gpu_shader5.

The first two patches reorg some code (I've left some things commented
out for now that I'll remove later). The first just uses a struct
to handle the parameters. The second allows using a dynamic texture
unit for the query interface.

The 3rd patch is the main patch for dynamic samplers sampling, it
forces the program to have a function generated per sampler, then
it calls the function if the index is correct, this seemed like
the easiest way to do this at least initially. It might be possible
to change things to act more like patch 4 but I decided to send
things like this first.

Patch 4 adds the size support, and uses the work in patch 2
to pick the correct values, it doesn't need to use an if ladder.

Dave.